Acquisition of Personal Information
We will only acquire personal information by legitimate means.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We shall use personal information within the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes that relate to the provision of our legal services.
- Handling legal matters and sending and receiving communications relating to such legal matters.
- Providing information concerning this website “Legal Advice Japan.com”.
- Responding to various inquires.
- Performing other business of Operators in a proper and efficient manner.
Use of Personal Information for Purposes Other Than Those Stated Above
We shall use personal information only for the purpose stated above and shall not use personal information for any other purposes without the consent of the relevant person except as otherwise provided for by laws or ordinances or unless such purpose of use is separately notified or announced.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and all other relevant laws and regulations regarding the provision of personal information to third parties.
Security of Personal Information
We will handle all personal information in an appropriate manner and put in place proper measures to prevent the disclosure or loss of, tampering with, or damage to, any personal information in our custody, by implementing operational procedures and instructing our staff.
Contact for Inquiries
Please contact us by filling out the Contact form in this website for any comments, questions, requests for disclosure and other inquiries concerning the treatment of personal information.
Confirmation of Client Identity
We may carry out confirmations of certain identification matters when newly receiving requests for legal work, pursuant to the Rules Concerning Client Identity Verification and Record Preservation, etc. (effectuated on March 1, 2013) of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations, for purposes such as the prevention of money laundering. We ask for your kind understanding and cooperation.
- *Example of matters subject to confirmation
- Individuals Confirmation of name, address and date of birth in the following documents: seal registration certificate, driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, pension handbook and residence card.
- Corporations Confirmation of the name and location of the official headquarters or main office in the commercial registration certificate.